MEDICAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Kaiser Permanente Scholarship program
Congratulations to the 2013 Kaiser Permanente Northern California Medical Student Scholarship Recipients
- Oluwatobi (Tobi) Ogbechie, Harvard Medical School
- Kunmi Sobowale, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Azalea Kim, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Amalia Londono-Tobon, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Raymond Morales, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Urbana-Champaign
- Adam Schoenfeld, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Zain Ahmed, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University
- Daniel Kuo, Mayo Medical School, College of Medicine
- Nicolas (Kenji) Taylor, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Kevin Nead, Stanford University School of Medicine
Awards will be presented to recipients in person at our Annual Residency Programs Open House in September.
We Believe Potential Is Infinite
At Kaiser Permanente, one of our core values is to improve the health of our community as well as the health of our members. For more than 60 years, we have demonstrated our commitment through a variety of programs and activities. We believe in healthy communities - fresh fruit at the corner store, safe routes to school, and quality health care for all. Every day we go beyond our four walls to help transform communities. It’s the way we practice medicine.
We are proud of Kaiser Permantente's social mission, research, and leadership efforts in helping communities thrive. As part of this mission, we recognize the potential of future physicians and their contributions by offering up to ten $5000 scholarships to medical students selected for their commitment to and achievement in at least one of two areas:
Community Involvement & Leadership
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be a third year medical student in good academic standing.
- Demonstrate commitment and achievement in one or both of the scholarship areas.
- Be interested in seeking a residency in Northern California .
- Attend an accredited medical school in the United States.
- Submit scholarship application and all supporting documents by March 1, 2013.
- Scholarship recipients will be encouraged to participate in a one month clerkship at a Kaiser Permanente facility in Northern California during their fourth year of medical school.
After submitting your online application, you may submit your supporting documents (letter of good academic standing and two (2) letters of support) by choosing one of the three options below:
Fax: 510-625-6203, ATTN: Medical Student Scholarships
Medical Student Scholarship Program
The Scholarship application is now closed. Thank you for your interest in Kaiser Permanente Northern California.
Please note that applicants may apply for both the Northern and Southern California Medical Student Scholarships; however, winners will only be awarded in one region.